Please email the Class Executive Director at the 29er class office: o for the class event bid guidelines and details of how to submit a bid.
**Note: 29er Executive voted June 2017 to adjust rotation for Worlds to European/non-European venues for the following reasons:
- After careful consideration, the 29er Class Executive Committee has decided to revise the rotation of its World Championships effective for 2019. The Executive takes this step to ensure that future World Championships have an adequate supply of charter boats.
- Beginning in 2019, World Championships will be held in Europe for four consecutive years followed by one year outside of Europe. The rotation, which is available on the 29er Class website, will be
- o 2019 – Europe (POL selected in 2016)
- o 2020 – Europe (GBR selected in 2018)
- o 2021 – Europe (TBC will be selected in 2019)
- o 2022 – Europe
- o 2023 – Any continent but Europe
- The deadline for bids for the 2020 World and European Championships has been extended to January 1, 2018. We have made this extension to accommodate World Sailing’s decision to select the 2020 Youth Worlds venue in the fall of 2017.
Rotations may be subject to change as the ISAF Youth World venues are selected.
|year||rotation||venue||event date||bid due||
|Youth World Venue|
Pwllheli, Wales, GBR
June 25, 2013
Dec 15-Jan 16
|July 25-30||June 25, 2013||2013||
Long Beach, CA, USA
|July 29-Aug 5||**Sept 1 due to rotation change||2014||
|26th July- 3rd Aug||1 month prior to AGM-2016||2016||
|bids due Jan 1||2018||
|June 29-July 4||* Nov 1
|22-27 August||* Nov 1||2015|
|1 December, 2015||2016|
|1 month prior to AGM-2016||2017|
|25th July - 1st August||bids due Jan 1||2018|
|legend||green: confirmed||blue: in negotiations||red: in consideration|